As anyone who has a teenager or remembers being a teenager knows, they aren't always the easiest people to shop for. This year I am doing a gift guide series to spark some ideas and to help you find the best gifts for the people you love. Today I am starting with a teen girl gift guide.
This teen girl gift guide is based on gifts that I have given to my own teenage daughter and is also a result of a very scientific survey where I asked my nieces, daughters friends and random girls on the street what they like. I have also used my awesome powers of observation to watch all the girls I come in contact with to see what they use, talk about, and like! So maybe my methods aren't the most scientific, but I really think that this list will have at least something that you can use as a jumping off point to find something the teen girl in your life is going to love.
In no particular order, I present you with my:
Ten Ideas for a Teen Girl Gift Guide
1. Itunes gift card- I'm saying this one right off the bat. It's definitely an easy gift that has so many possibilities. Sometimes it's nice to just give those hard to shop for people the gift of choice. Between the movies, games and music I am sure there is something they would love to buy. Often I buy the 3 pack of $10 gift cards at Smith's and use them as teachers gifts. If I have a leftover then I have been known to give the extra to my teen.
2.Book Set- I have a few book lovers in my family. Luckily for me, my teenager is one of them. I don't just buy her books throughout the year, so it is extra exciting for her to get a new book set for Christmas. My daughter loves fantasy and she especially loves series. She really likes the Wings of Fire series and the new DragonWatch series by the author of Fablehaven.
3. Clothes-I think just about every teenager loves to get new clothes. The key to this one is figuring out WHAT they will actually wear! There are lots of ways to go about this, but I prefer to just ask straight up. I'd rather make sure to get something she will actually wear than to just guess. I like to shop online to get the best deals for her. We are looking at a few tea dresses that she wants to get.
4.Lip Balm- I don't know about you, but every teenage girl I meet up with is in love with lip balm. Even though my daughter has a collection with a variety of flavors, she always seems to want one more. Around here we really like the eos and Hershey lip balms. They are a bit more than I would generally spend on lip balm, but they come in a cool package which makes them feel extra special. I like to try and splurge a bit for holidays.
5.Accessories to wear- As my daughter said, "An accessory can change your whole look!" So, if you are wanting a less expensive gift idea that is sure to delight, find the perfect accessory. My kids particularly like to wear headbands, little bows, cute winter hats, belts, scarves and fun shoes. Really, there are so many different options. I'm thinking that I want to get my daughter a really fun belt and a sparkly hair bow.
6.Accessories for her bedroom- This year we redecorated my daughters' room. Her new favorite accent colors are mint and gold. It's so easy for me to find little decorations that she can use for storage AND that fit her new theme. She basically loves anything that fits into her color scheme. Easy, easy.
7.Hammock- If you live in a climate where the winter is cold, you may have to wait to use this, but I promise this gift will be used! I have seen many different creative ways that neighbors and friends have hung their hammocks up. If all else fails, you can even buy a hammock stand to go with it. Be careful though, your favorite teen may just disappear for hours on end.
8. Earbuds- Every teenager I talk to asks for earbuds ALL.THE.TIME. I guess in some ways this is a gift that you kind of give yourself too. I promise not to tell. I have been told that skull earbuds are the best? I'm not a hundred percent about that, but the kids I know seem to like them.
9. Good Quality Chocolate- My oldest never really liked candy growing up. Then I introduced her to the world of fine chocolates. Now every year she wants all the yummy chocolate she can get her hands on. So, I take the economical route and buy the chocolate in bulk so that it's less expensive. Some for her and the rest for me! Our favorites for Christmas are Lindt, Ghiradelli and Toblerone.
10. New Toiletries- I think Christmas is the perfect time of year to refresh the loofah, a hairbrush, or to indulge in a really nice body wash or shampoo. I like to figure out a way to take something we use in our every day lives and make it a little extra special by spending a bit more money on it for Christmas. I really love to buy practical gifts that also feel a bit luxurious.
And that's it! I hope my teen girl gift guide gets your wheels turning and gives you some ideas for what you can buy that "hard to shop for" teen in your life. I'd love to hear about the gifts your teenagers have loved. Share your comments below and let me know what you think of my list. Is there anything on it that you would buy for your teen? If you want to share pictures of favorite gifts on Instagram make sure you add #peachtreedr so that I can see all your wonderful gifts.
Make sure to check my other posts later this week to get gift ideas for other people on your list too. And if you want to know why I am sending out this guide now, read about my strategy for planning and budgeting for Christmas early.
This site participates in the Amazon affiliate program. Purchases from one of the links on this site provides a small commission for PeachTreeDrive at no extra cost to you.