There are lots of recipes that call for cooked chicken. Yes, you can boil it or even throw it in the slow cooker. I think this recipe for instant pot chicken results in the most juicy, flavorful and tender chicken that I have ever made. It also cuts down the cooking time a lot. If you have an instant pot, try this recipe and tell me if it's the most juicy and tender cooked chicken you have made.
You will need to gather all your ingredients together.
Spray your instant pot generously with cooking spray. It helps with clean up.
Pour the chicken stock into the pot.
Put the chicken breasts in the bottom and season with salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
3 lb chicken breast, fresh (If using frozen see notes on the cooking time)
1 1/2 c chicken broth (can sub with water but it won't be as flavorful)
1. Spray the instant pot with cooking spray. I find that it makes clean up a lot easier when I do this.
2. Place the chicken breasts in the pot.
3. Pour in the chicken broth.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste Try to make sure the chicken breasts are not overlapping a lot.
5. Use the pressure cooker setting and cook for 6 minutes, on high, using the natural release method.
*Note-if you are using frozen chicken you will want to cook for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts. I recommend only cooking enough for the bottom of the pot to be covered up without them having to stack on top of each other.
Once the pressure vent drops down open the cooker and allow the chicken to cool for about 10 minutes. Then you can shred with forks or a hand held mixer.
What is your favorite way to use shredded chicken? Post your pictures in Instagram #peachtreedr I'd love to see what you are cooking!
For another Instant Pot recipe check out